If you have an emergency and feel that you cannot wait until your next scheduled appointment to see a counselor or you are unable to reach the Counseling Center, call (707) 965-6789 and a counselor will be paged.
You may also go to the St. Helena Hospital emergency room at 650 Sanitarium Road, Deer Park, California 94576.
Dial 911 for a life-threatening emergency! From a cell phone in Napa County dial (707) 253-0911 for the local dispatch.
- Napa County Crisis: (707) 253-4711
- Sexual Assault Victim Services: (707) 944-1234
- Napa Emergency Women's Services: (707) 255-6397
- Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1 (800) 784-2433
- San Francisco Suicide Prevention (800) 273-TALK (8255) - San Francisco Suicide Prevention provides emotional support, education, assistance and intervention to all persons in crisis and those impacted by them.
- The Trevor Project - The Trevor Project provides crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning persons.
- Half of Us - mtvU provides a platform to raise awareness about the prevalence of mental health issues and connect students to the appropriate resources to get help.
- The Jed Foundation - The Jed Foundation promotes emotional health and the prevention of suicide among college and university students.
- Alcoholics Anonymous - AA is a 12-Step program of persons who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem of alcoholism.
- SMART Recovery - SMART Recovery promotes a self-empowering addiction recovery support group based on the latest scientific research.
- Anger Management - Anger management tips from the Mayo Clinic.
- Mental Health Matters - Mental Health Matters provides resources and information about all types mental health issues including anxiety.
- The Anxiety Network - The Anxiety Network provides information and help for Social Anxiety, Panic and Generalized Anxiety disorders.
Attention Deficit-Hyperactivity Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder Association - The ADDA provides information, resources and networking opportunities to help persons lead better lives.
- ADDitude - ADDitude provides clear, accurate, user-friendly information and advice from the leading experts and practitioners in mental health and education on Attention Deficit-Hyperactivity Disorder.
Bullying and Violence
- Napa Emergency Woman Services (707) 255-NEWS (6397) - NEWS provides a nurturing refuge for persons and children suffering from domestic violence and/or sexual assault.
- Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network (800) 656-HOPE (4673) - RAINN created and operates the National Sexual Assault Hotline and carries out programs to prevent sexual violence.
- Foundation for Research and Education on Depression - iFred provides information on depression throughout the world in order to prevent the onset, research causes and treatments, and rebrand the disease in a
- Psych Central - Psych Central is a source for mental health information, as well as providing annotated guides to the most useful websites, newsgroups and mailing lists in mental health.
- Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance - DBSA provides hope, help, support and education to improve the lives of people who have mood disorders.
Drugs and Tobacco
- Marijuana Anonymous - MA is a 12-Step recovery program for marijuana addiction with online and call-in meetings.
- Cocaine Anonymous - CA is a 12-Step recovery program for cocaine addiction.
- Narcotics Anonymous - NA is a 12-Step recovery program for drug addiction of all types.
- The California Smokers' Helpline (800) NO-BUTTS - The Helpline is a quit smoking service operated by the University of California San Diego's Moore's Cancer Center offering self-help materials, referral to local programs and one-on-one counseling to quit smoking.
- Quit Net - Quit Net is the original quit smoking site operates in association with the Boston University School of Public Health.
- National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders - ANAD is dedicated to the prevention and alleviation of eating disorders. "Accept Yourself... Accept Others"
- National Eating Disorders Association - NEDA supports persons and families affected by eating disorders, and serves as a catalyst for prevention, cures and access to quality care.
General Mental Health
- ULifeline - ULifeline is an anonymous, confidential resource center, where college and university students can be comfortable searching for information they need and want regarding emotional health.
- Mental Help - The Mental Help Net promotes mental health and wellness education and advocacy.
- National Alliance on Mental Illness - NAMI advocates for access to services, treatment, supports and research and is steadfast in its commitment to raise awareness and build a community for hope for all of those in need.
- Surgeon General - The Surgeon General serves as America's Doctor by providing Americans the best scientific information available on how to improve their health and reduce the risk of illness and injury.
- LD Online - LD Online helps persons reach their full potential by providing accurate and up-to-date information and advice about learning disabilities.
- Authentic Happiness - Authentic Happiness is a branch of psychology focusing on the empirical study of such things as positive emotions, strengths-based character and healthy relationships.
Time Management & Test Anxiety
- Mind Tools - Mind Tools teaches simple, practical techniques that have helped persons in business, sports and education reach their potential.