Need Help?

If you’re struggling with something or have questions about anything throughout the transfer process, we have dedicated staff members ready to help you as you move from another college to PUC. They’re available to help answer your questions or provide you with additional information—you just need to ask!

Enrollment Services
(800) 862-7080

(707) 965-6673

You're Invited

Visit Pacific Union College

Whether you visit on your own or during one of our special open house events, visiting campus is the only way to see whether PUC is the right fit for you.

Stay Connected

See what’s happening on campus daily by following PUC on social media!






Application Process

We accept transfer students at any point in their program and we’re excited to help. Call (800) 862-7080, option 2 or email if you have any questions about how to transfer to PUC.

Follow these steps to complete your application:

Apply Now

  • Review your personal PUC site for information about your major, scholarships, campus life, and so much more.
  • Submit one letter of reference, written by someone who knows you but isn’t a relative.
  • Send in official copies of all your transcripts, including official high school transcripts (confirming graduation). Send to: Admissions, One Angwin Avenue, Angwin, CA 94508
  • Send PUC your ACT or SAT scores if you have not successfully taken College Algebra or English 101. PUC’s school codes are: 0362 (ACT) and 4600 (SAT).

Admissions Requirements

Qualify to transfer in one of the following ways:

  • You have completed 45 quarter hours (30 semester hours) of transferable college credit with a GPA of at least 2.0.
  • You have fewer than 45 quarter hours (30 semester hours) of college credit, but have at least a 2.3 high school GPA in the core subjects of English, math, science, and history.

For full information regarding PUC’s admissions policies, refer to the college’s General Catalog, which outlines policies for regular admission as well as for admission on probation and for returning students.

After You’re Accepted

PUC will complete a degree evaluation of your transcripts, which you will need before you register for classes. For an evaluation to be done, you will need to submit the following:

  • A $200 enrollment fee 
  • All official transcripts from every institution you’ve attended, including high school

Your degree evaluation will be available on your WebAdvisor account. Contact the transfer analyst in the records office if you have questions about how your credits have been applied; email or call (707) 965-6673.

Credit for Tests

PUC accepts up to 45 quarter credits for standardized tests such as AP (Advanced Placement), CLEP (College Level Examination Program), DSST (DANTES Subject Standardized Tests), Excelsior, and IB (International Baccalaureate), provided students achieve the recommended credit-granting score. Credit earned by AP, CLEP, DSST, Excelsior, and IB will be placed on your transcript with the credit hours earned and a grade of “S” (Satisfactory).

The maximum credit applicable to a four-year degree is 45 hours; maximum credit applicable to a two-year degree is 24 hours.

The full list of accepted tests (including minimum pass scores and PUC course equivalencies) is available on the records office website.

Credit for Military Experience

If you’re a veteran, credit may be awarded for military experience. Contact the records office if you have questions about your qualifications; email or call (707) 965-6673. More information is available at

Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT)

The Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT) is designed to help students transfer from California community colleges to four-year institutions. The goal is to create a clear pathway for students to earn baccalaureate degrees.

Learn More 

Registering for Classes as a Transfer Student

For your first quarter at PUC, you will work with the transfer counselor in the enrollment services office to register for classes. After your first quarter, WebAdvisor is the online tool you will use to register for classes and check your grades. It will be a big part of your life as a PUC student! To set up your account, go to WebAdvisor and click “Create New Account.” You will need your PUC ID number to complete this step; contact the transfer counselor if you don’t know yours. Refer to your degree evaluation often to determine what classes you need to register for.

Working with Your Advisor

You will be assigned an academic advisor in the program you’re studying. Your advisor knows the ins and outs of your program and works with you to ensure your success. They will need to approve your class schedule each quarter, to help keep you on track to complete your degree!

Note: After planning your class schedule with your advisor, it’s your responsibility to register for those classes. Your advisor can’t do this for you.

Transfer Student Scholarships

Transfer students are eligible for merit awards based on unweighted cumulative college GPA from all previous institutions attended. Awards are renewable for three years for transfer students who maintain full-time status and the required cumulative GPA at each scholarship level. (Under certain circumstances, a 4th year may be approved.)

President’s Transfer
(Renewable with a 3.25 GPA)
3.75-4.00 GPA

Dean’s Transfer
(Renewable with a 3.25 GPA)
3.50-3.74 GPA

Trustee’s Transfer
(Renewable with a 3.0 GPA)
3.25-3.49 GPA

Founder’s Transfer
(Renewable with a 2.75 GPA)
3.00-3.24 GPA

View all PUC scholarships