Academic Records

Testing Credit

You may earn academic credit by successfully writing certain AP (Advanced Placement), CLEP (College Level Examination Program), DSST (DANTES Subject Standardized Tests), Excelsior, IB (International Baccalaureate), and College-prepared tests.


Document Info
Credit by Examination, Advanced Placement
Credit by Examination, College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
Credit by Examination, Defense Activity for Non Traditional Education Support (DANTES)
Credit by Examination, Excelsior College Examinations
Credit by Examination, International Baccalaureate

PUC grants academic credit for certain AP, CLEP, DSST, Excelsior, and IB tests, provided students achieve the recommended credit-granting score. Credit earned by AP, CLEP, DSST, Excelsior, and IB will be placed on your transcript with the credit hours earned and a grade of "S" (Satisfactory).

Students take AP and IB tests at their high school subsequent to the completion of high school AP or IB courses. Students can take CLEP, DSST, and Excelsior tests at any testing site, including the PUC testing site, run by the Career & Counseling Center.

AP, CLEP, DSST, Excelsior, and IB tests are administered by external testing agencies. Students wishing to receive credit should have an official score report mailed to Pacific Union College directly from the testing agency.

The maximum credit applicable to a four-year degree is 45 hours; maximum credit applicable to a two-year degree is 24 hours.

Further information regarding AP, CLEP, DSST, Excelsior, and IB can be found on page 39 of the General Catalog.

College-prepared tests

Students wishing to earn credit by PUC examination should contact the Records Office to determine student eligibility and gain information regarding testing procedures. Further information regarding College-prepared tests can be found on page 40 of the General Catalog.