College Early is an opportunity offered by Pacific Union College for qualified secondary school students to take a college course on our campus, or, in approved situations, on their own high school campus, prior to graduation. PUC provides a discounted tuition rate for the College Early program (the rate for the current academic year is listed on the registration form below). In addition, students who enroll at PUC after high-school graduation receive a 50% reimbursement of the College Early tuition they have paid.
College Early is open to students according to the following guidelines:
- They must be enrolled as juniors or seniors with good academic standing
- They are allowed to take only one class each term, unless the Associate Academic Dean approves additional courses.
- Enrollment is limited to lower division courses.
Procedure for Off-Campus Enrollment
- Qualified secondary school teachers must contact the Associate Academic Dean with a proposal for teaching one of Pacific Union College’s lower-division courses on their campus through the College Early program.
- Once approved, the Associate Academic Dean’s office will send the secondary school teacher a specialized student registration form and additional instructions (as follows):
- The student may obtain a specialized College Early Registration Form from their high school registrar or the teacher of the class (which is provided by the Office of the Associate Academic Dean upon approval of the course).
- The student must write a check (or other form of payment as deemed appropriate by the school) to their high school for the total sum of the course (please contact the Office of the Associate Academic Dean for the current rate for the academic year).
- Once the form is completed—and signed by the student, the student’s parent, and the secondary school’s principal or registrar—it, along with their tuition payment, is to be turned in to the high school’s treasurer.
- The high school’s treasurer will then write a check for the total sum of all enrollees’ tuition, and forward it, along with all the registration forms, to the Associate Academic Dean’s office.
Procedure for On-Campus Enrollment (Non-Prep Students Only)
- Download and complete the College Early Registration Form.
- Once the form is completed—and signed by the student, the student’s parent, and the secondary school’s principal or registrar—the form is to be turned in to the Associate Academic Dean’s office (either dropped off, faxed, or mailed; see contact information below).
- First-time enrollees will receive a letter from Enrollment Services with their PUC ID number. You will need this number in order to set up your online accounts: Email, WebAdvisor, and Canvas.
- Enrolled students will receive a billing statement for their tuition costs (the current rate for the academic year is listed on the form).
Students of PUC Preparatory School should consult their registrar for further information and to obtain a registration form.
Note: All received grades for College Early courses become a permanent part of the student’s PUC transcript.
College Early: Summer in Residence
Each summer, Pacific Union College selects 20 qualified applicants to experience our rigorous academic environment while earning college credit at a special discounted tuition rate (plus additional program fees and living expenses) in popular General Education courses like Introduction to Chemistry, History of World Civilizations, Encountering Jesus, and Introduction to Statistics. A full schedule of classes, study sessions, and extracurricular weekend activities provide an excellent opportunity to learn and grow during our four-week program.
Admissions Qualifications for Summer 2015:
- Anticipated Fall 2015 enrollment in grade 11 or 12
- High school GPA of 3.5
- Endorsement from high school registrar or principal
For more information, please contact:
Office of the Associate Academic Dean
One Angwin Ave.
Angwin, CA 94508
Phone: 707-965-7103 ~ Fax: 707-965-7104