College Early is an opportunity offered by Pacific Union College for secondary school students to take a college class on their campus, or on our campus, prior to graduation. It is restricted to students who have reached junior or senior status and have the approval of the principal or their advisor. The college provides a discounted tuition rate for the College Early program. In addition, students who enroll at PUC after graduation receive a 50% reimbursement of the College Early tuition they have paid.
College Early is open to students according to the following guidelines:
- They must be enrolled as juniors or seniors with good academic standing
- They are allowed to take only one class each term, unless the Academic Dean approves additional courses.
- Enrollment is limited to lower division courses.
The teacher and the Principal at the secondary school approve the students eligible for college early classes. Tuition is paid to the secondary school treasurer, who forwards the funds to PUC. The teacher on the participating campus is responsible for collecting the completed registration forms and forwarding them to the Associate Academic Dean's office at PUC along with a check for the tuition payment.
Procedure for Off-Campus Enrollment
- The student may obtain a specialized College Early Registration Form from their high school registrar or the teacher of the class (which is provided by the Office of the Associate Academic Dean upon approval of the course).
- The student must write a check (or other form of payment as deemed appropriate by the school) to their high school for the total sum of the course (please contact the Office of the Associate Academic Dean for the current rate for the academic year).
- Once the form is completed—and signed by the student, the student’s parent, and the secondary school’s principal or registrar—it, along with their tuition payment, is to be turned in to the high school’s treasurer.
- The high school’s treasurer will then write a check for the total sum of all enrollees’ tuition, and forward it, along with all the registration forms, to the Associate Academic Dean’s office at Pacific Union College (address provided below).
Procedure for On-Campus Enrollment (Non-Prep Students Only)
- Download and complete the College Early Registration Form.
- Once the form is completed—and signed by the student, the student’s parent, and the secondary school’s principal or registrar—the form is to be turned in to the Associate Academic Dean’s office (either dropped off, faxed, or mailed; see contact information below).
- First-time enrollees will receive a letter from Enrollment Services with their PUC ID number. You will need this number in order to set up your online accounts: Email, Lantern/WebAdvisor, and Canvas.
- Enrolled students will receive a billing statement for their tuition costs (the current rate for the academic year is listed on the form).
Students of PUC Preparatory School should consult their registrar for further information and to obtain a registration form.
Note: All received grades for College Early courses become a permanent part of the student’s PUC transcript.
Office of the Associate Academic Dean
One Angwin Ave.
Angwin, CA 94508
Phone: 707-965-7103 ~ Fax: 707-965-7104