Coronavirus Updates and Resources
Coronavirus Student Emergency Fund
Please consider generously supporting students who are challenged to afford housing, transportation, basic needs, and access to required resources for remote learning, or who are facing other unforeseen personal difficulties during this time.
Pacific Union College has been closely monitoring the growing novel coronavirus (nCoV2019) situation. The campus MD and Director of Health Services are in regular contact with Napa County Public Health and their Communicable Disease Unit and the current risk to PUC and surrounding community is low. This site is intended to make updates and resources easily accessible as they are able.
- May 21, 2020 - PUC Update 11: PUC Plans for Fall 2020
- April 24, 2020 - Parents & Guardians Update
- April 24, 2020 - PUC Update 10: Changes to Shelter-at-Home Order
- April 17, 2020 - Residence Hall FAQ's and Move-Out Survey
- April 10, 2020 - PUC Update 9: COVID-19 Financial Letter 2
- April 2, 2020 - PUC Update 8: Update to Campus
- March 20, 2020 - Coronavirus Student Emergency Fund
- March 20, 2020 - PUC Update 7: COVID-19 Financial Letter
- March 19, 2020 - PUC Update 6: Travel Registration
- March 18, 2020 - Napa County Issues Shelter-at-Home Order
- March 17, 2020 - Albion Field Station Temporary Closure
- March 13, 2020 - Application to Remain on Campus
- March 12, 2020 - PUC Update 5: PUC Classes & Exams Going Online
- March 11, 2020 - PUC Update 4: Important Changes to Travel and Visits
- March 2, 2020 - Sonoma County Declares Local Emergency
- March 2, 2020 - PUC Update 3: New Protocol
- February 27, 2020 - PUC Update 2
- February 19, 2020 - PUC Update 1
Update From Academic Dean
Student Loan Resources
For federally held student loans owned by the U.S. Department of Education (ED), Federal Student Aid's coronavirus (COVID-19) information page is located at StudentAid.gov/coronavirus. The page includes information for students, borrowers, and parents about the interest rate waiver announced by President Trump and availability of an administrative forbearance authorized by Secretary DeVos to provide student loan relief to borrowers during the COVID-19 national emergency. Please visit the StudentAid.gov page regularly for updates.
Coronavirus disaster relief payment postponement
During this time of national emergency, PUC is offering up to three months of disaster payment deferral on qualified PUC student loan balances of those that request it. Please contact our Student Loans department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 707-965-6298.
Prevention and Symptoms
Preventative measures are especially vital in a communal living environment like the PUC campus. The same precautions that have kept incidence of illness on campus low this season are recommended to prevent the spread of coronavirus. They include the following:
- Washing hands with liquid soap and water, and rubbing for at least 20 seconds
- Covering your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when coughing or sneezing
- Staying home if you are sick
The virus typically causes a mild-to-moderate respiratory illness, though the elderly or those with conditions that make viruses of greater concern (e.g. cardiovascular, chronic asthma, diabetes, kidney failure, pregnant women, and infants) may be at increased risk. Symptoms are very similar to the flu and include fever, runny nose, headache, cough, sore throat, and/or shortness of breath.
It is still recommended that if you have traveled from China yourself, or been in close contact with someone who has, and develop a fever and lower respiratory symptoms like a cough or shortness of breath within 14 days of leaving the area, do not report to an emergency room or clinic - please call Health Services at (707) 965-6339.
- California COVID-19 Response
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Napa County Public Health
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Guidance on Facial Coverings
Charter Spectrum announced it will offer free access to broadband and WiFi services to households with students. The company will also waive installation fees for student households. To enroll in the service call 1-844-488-8395.