Veteran Services

Steps for Admission

Admission Step 1

Apply to PUC through the online application process.

Online Application

Craig Philpot 
PUC application and transcripts
Enrollment Services/Admissions 
(800) 862-7080 or (707) 965-6677

Craig assists applicants through the admissions process and helps to set up student email and Lantern accounts upon acceptance.

Admission Step 2

NOTE: Steps 4 and 5 may be completed concurrently with Step 2.

Contact Records to obtain an evaluation of credit for your prior learning experiences. You may also want to initiate the academic advising process at this time by providing unofficial documentation of coursework while waiting for official transcripts to arrive.

Candi Carstens 
Assistant Registrar/Transfer Analyst
(707) 965-6676

Evaluation of Transfer Credit

Pacific Union College grants transfer credit according to the academic policies.

Evaluation of Credit for Military Training and Experience
Pacific Union College recognizes and uses the ACE Guide to the Evaluation of Educational Experiences in the Armed Forces in evaluating and awarding academic credit for military training and experience.

Evaluation of Credit by Examination (CLEP, DANTES/DSST, Excelsior)
Pacific Union College grants academic credit by examination for selected subjects tests.

Dantes Form

Admission Step 3

Complete a request for certification and provide proof of eligibility to the Records Office by submitting a copy of either your DD-214 discharge form or a Certificate of Eligibility provided to you by the V.A. If you are interested in the Yellow Ribbon program, please provide a copy of a Certificate of Eligibility indicating that you are Yellow Ribbon eligible, or eligible for Chapter 33 Post 9/11 G.I. Bill at 100%. You can request this certificate directly from the V.A.

Assistant Registrar/VA Certifying Official
(707) 965-6676

Enrollment Certification Request

All certifications are based on required courses for major and general education. Recommended and advised courses are not payable by VA unless these electives are additional units needed to  meet graduation requirements.

Students are encouraged to register for a full load as early as possible to ensure timely processing of enrollment certification forms through the VA.

Proof of eligibility for VA benefits: Discharge form (DD-214) or Certificate of Eligibility from VA (emailed to or faxed to (707) 965-6432)

Admission Step 4

Contact your Student Financial Aid Counselor to discuss your comprehensive financial plan.

Freddy Whitesides
Director of Student Financial Services
(707) 965-7200  

GI Bill® funding - Yellow Ribbon Program

The Yellow Ribbon Program at Pacific Union College began with the 2010-2011 academic year. Funds are available for the first 25 student veterans that apply. You may apply by submitting your Certification of Eligibility indicating Yellow Ribbon eligibility to Susan Walters in the Records Office.

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site.

Admission Step 5

Contact the student housing coordinator in the Student & Spiritual Life Office to discuss your housing needs.

Crista Peterson
Student Housing
Student & Spiritual Life Department
(707) 965-7362