Outstanding academics is a point of pride at Pacific Union College and a key part of our reputation for educating successful students. It connects many aspects of life at PUC, bringing an atmosphere of excellence to the campus and resulting in practical payoffs like acceptance letters and high scores.
Academic Excellence at PUC:
- Qualified, talented professors dedicated to giving each student a quality personalized education
- The only Adventist college or university recognized as a National Liberal Arts College by U.S. News & World Report. Previously was ranked in the top tier of its western regional category for 17 consecutive years.
- Students score above the national average in most Major Field Achievement Tests
- Pre-medical and pre-dental programs known for their quality and resulting in very high acceptance rates to medical and dental schools, especially Loma Linda University
- Student-teacher ratio of 13:1
- Emphasis on active learning, with increasing numbers of students involved in internships, independent projects, field trips, scholarly research, and discussion-based classes
- Access to art, performance, and cultural experiences offered in the Bay Area and Napa Valley
- Opportunities to study abroad through the Honors Program and Adventist Colleges Abroad
- 34 majors with 36 emphases and one master's degree, featuring the spectrum from tried-and-true programs like the pre-medical sciences to innovative programs like the more recent film and television major, emergency services program, aviation and drama
Learn more about the different majors we offer by downloading Majors Cards.
The General Catalog features information on departments, majors, and general education requirements.
The PUC Bookstore offers a used books network online, supplies, new books, and buy-back lists.
The Records Office covers all info for class registration, transcripts, and graduation requirements.