Earn Your Education Masters this Summer
The M.Ed. degree from Pacific Union College allows you to advance and hone teaching skills and participate in scholarly research. This degree will help you demonstrate leadership skills in the school environment, and technological proficiency, and exhibit awareness of current education trends and issues in your classrooms. This program is only offered in the summer and can be spread out from a four to a seven-summer program.
Admission to the M.Ed. Program
All potential students, including former Pacific Union College students, must apply for admission both to the college and to the M.Ed. program. Please contact the Credential Analyst in the Education Department for application materials. The prerequisites for admission are as follows:
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally-accredited institution of higher education.
- A state credential or SDA credential, or eligibility for these credentials.
- Admission to Pacific Union College.
- Submission of a graduate application to the Education Department that includes the following:
- application form
- two recommendations
- official transcripts
- interview with department chair and one other Education faculty member
- essay discussing interests and goals
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 in each of the following areas:
- Undergraduate upper-division major
- Education courses
- Overall college work, or the last 96 quarter hours
- Acceptable scores in the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) General Test.
- A proposed program of studies appropriate to the student’s strengths, interests, and professional goals.
Earn Your M.Ed.
This program is only offered in the summer and can be spread out from a four to a seven-summer program.
- Establish knowledge of subject matter content
- Learn innovative teaching methodologies for the classroom
- Write an action research project relevant to the field of education