BIOneer Mentorship Program
The PUC Department of Biology BIOneer Mentorship Program is designed to help our students learn with purpose, rise in faith, and serve with love. Building a more connected community starts with fostering closer friendships, and at the center of the BIOneer community is the manatee, our beloved BIOneer mascot. Though originally conceived as a play on words (mentee : manatee), this curious, intelligent, and friendly animal represents several key aspects of the mentorship program and all the students that are involved.
- First-year mentees (manatees) being uniquely matched with a 3rd or 4th year mentor (manator) based on personality compatibility and professional development goals
- Manators will work closely with their Manatees and be available as a convenient and reliable resource for academic, social, and spiritual advice, guidance, and tips
- The work of a Manator ultimately serves to streamline a Manatee's transition into PUC's social network and promote success in the Biology Department's rigorous academic environment
Who is eligible to participate?
- The BIOneer Mentorship Program is restricted to students majoring in Biology, Biotechnology, Conservation Technology, or Environmental Studies
- Mentee (manatee): a student who is new to PUC and the Biology Department during their first full academic year (first-year and transfer students) are encouraged to sign up
- Mentor (manator): a student who is a junior or senior and has completed at least one year of coursework at PUC as a Biology, Biotechnology, Conservation Technology, or Environmental Studies major may apply
Have questions? Please email email@example.com