General Information

How To Get A Job

We do not place people in jobs. However we do provide you with a Help Wanted list. It contains listings for both on and off campus jobs. It is updated every Thursday, and is available at our office or under Student Employment. It is your responsibility to contact potential employers, apply, and obtain the job. Some departments on campus may have their own applications. Helpful Hints: Many employers like to see a résumé included with an application. Planning your class schedule with large blocks of time, (3-4 hours) will enhance your chances of getting a job. Not all employers list their open positions in the Help Wanted; if you are interested in working for a certain department, contact them.

Once You Have A Job On Campus

In order to obtain a student employment authorization form for Pacific Union College, you need to complete the following documents: the Employment Application, the Direct Deposit form, the W-4, the I-9, and the College's Employment Application form. You will also need to submit appropriate forms of identification as outlined on the I-9 form (i.e. driver's license and social security card/birth certificate).  After you have received your student employment authorization form, you are responsible for having it completed and signed by your employer and returned to the Student Employment Office. You must request a new employment authorization form for each new job. Legally you may not begin working until all of the above forms, including the employment authorization, have been completed and returned to the student employment office.

Typical Wages

Each department determines the wage rate for their student employee. The rate ranges from minimum wage and up per hour, depending on experience and skills.


Payday is every other Thursday. Your first paycheck needs to be picked up at the Student Employment office. Paychecks will be available after 9:00 a.m. on payday. If you change addresses, please let us know so we can redirect your paycheck. We do not print Advices but they can be viewed online at with your PUC e-mail username/ password.

Direct Deposit

To be employed with Pacific Union College or Howell Mountain Enterprises, you must enroll with direct deposit. This free service transfers your earnings directly into your checking or savings account at your bank.  Direct deposit takes one full payroll cycle to establish service, which means two weeks. 

Lost Payroll Check Replacement Policy

If you have lost or destroyed your paycheck the check can be replaced by contacting the Payroll Office at extension 7300. Requests to replace lost checks are subject to a $25.00 service charge.

Federal Work Study Program

This program usually begins either the winter or spring quarter. If you qualify, a portion of your wages may be subsidized through the Federal Work- Study Program. 

International Students

International Students may work on campus up to 20 hours per week while school is in session, and up to 40 hours during scheduled school vacations. Additional documents, such as your I-94 form and passport are required for identification. Some employees may also be eligible for a tax exemption if a treaty exists between their country and the United States. Please stop by the Student Employment Office for further instructions.