Executive Assistant for the President
Applications are available in the Human Resources Office or available online.
- Applications from current employees are welcome.
- Applicants must be members of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
- Email (email@example.com), fax (707-965-6400), or mail (Human Resources Office, One Angwin Avenue, Angwin, CA 94508), your signed application to Human Resources
- Please contact Human Resources regarding questions about this position.
- Applications from qualified applicants are forwarded to the employing department by Human Resources
- Applicants selected for interviews will be contacted by Human Resources or the employing department
Staff Job Opening
Upon receipt of qualified candidate
; Commensurate upon degree and experience (plus denominational benefits depending upon qualifications and experience)
This Executive Assistant for the President serves as a member of the President’s Cabinet, and handles operational, strategic, and policy matters on behalf of the President. The position supports and sustains a culture of service, professionalism, and continuous improvement. Participates in building and advancing the mission, vision, and values of the college by engaging in communicative, collaborative, and respectful relationships with those serving in leadership roles at the college. Manages special projects including matters involving college officials and community leaders.
- Participates with the President’s Cabinet and Executive Team in strategic planning and problem resolution affecting the college, and ensures matters requiring the attention of executive leaders are thoroughly developed, researched and evaluated.
- Manages high-priority projects and programs designed to support institutional goals and achieve the college’s mission.
- Recommends and participates in the development of college policies and procedures.
- Builds and maintains successful working relationships with senior officials and coordinates with a wide range of offices, staff, and stakeholders, internal and external to the college.
- Gathers, investigates, researches, analyzes, and/or studies information affecting college-wide, intradepartmental, or interdepartmental operations; prepares reports and other communications on behalf of the executive team.
- Works with the financial leadership to develop business plans related to a wide range of projects; may chair and lead committees, to include responsibility for budget development and management.
- Anticipates, identifies and troubleshoots issues of concern or significance; exercises discretion to provide timely information and necessary updates across multiple stakeholders; responds to inquiries as delegated by the executive.
- Manages/Prioritizes the President’s Calendar/Schedule
- Performs general office duties (i.e. accounting, phones, records keeping, email/verbal communications, organizes meetings, etc.).
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- 5+ year of experience, directly related to the essential functions of the position.
- Experience in higher education preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- The ability to collaborate openly and effectively with faculty, staff, and students.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively work with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Ability to perform complex tasks and to prioritize multiple projects.
- Fosters an environment of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Must have an expressed commitment to Jesus Christ, the teachings and mission of the Seventh-day Adventist Church, and an SDA church member in good and regular standing.
Upon receipt of qualified candidate
PACIFIC UNION COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.