Director of Recruitment
Applications are available in the Human Resources Office or available online.
- Applications from current employees are welcome.
- Applicants must be members of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
- Email (email@example.com), fax (707-965-6400), or mail (Human Resources Office, One Angwin Avenue, Angwin, CA 94508), your signed application to Human Resources
- Please contact Human Resources regarding questions about this position.
- Applications from qualified applicants are forwarded to the employing department by Human Resources
- Applicants selected for interviews will be contacted by Human Resources or the employing department
Staff Job Opening
Upon selection of qualified applicant
Salary; Commensurate with experience (plus denominational benefits, depending upon qualifications and experience)
Reporting to the AVP of Enrollment, Marketing, and Communication, this position is responsible for providing overall leadership, training, and supervision to the recruitment staff. Additionally, this position will collaborate with the AVP to develop enrollment strategies to meet enrollment goals, increase applicant conversion rates, and attract new market segments. This position will also cultivate strong relationships with Adventist Academies, Community Colleges, and other designated schools.
The Director also serves as a senior admissions counselor. They will recruit new students to attend the college in accordance with the mission, goals, and policies of Pacific Union College
- Supervision: Supervises and oversees the training and ongoing review of admissions counselors.
- CRM: Manages and reports on goals and performance within the CRM
- Events: Works closely with the visit coordinator to create an excellent guest experience at major recruitment events.
- Staff/Faculty Collaboration: Works with appropriate faculty and staff to give recruitment training.
- Call Center: Manages the Telecounsel Program including call training, maintenance of program manual, development and execution of calling campaigns and overall productivity.
- High School/Community College Relationships: Build relationships with principals, registrars, teachers/professors, and counselors at targeted schools and colleges to boost awareness of PUC.
- Department Support: Supports the AVP in day-to-day office efforts of the enrollment staff with specific daily office staffing, general supervision, accountability, and support for office goals.
- Outreach: Assist in the implementation of all admissions/outreach efforts, including recruitment fairs, information sessions, and events.
- Marketing Strategies: Assists the AVP in implementing and evaluating marketing strategies for recruitment activities.
- PUC Knowledge: Maintains current knowledge on PUC’s academic programs, social activities, financial aid programs, and communicates information regularly to the admissions team and prospective students
- Other Duties: Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Education: Bachelor degree in communications or marketing, or related degree/experience
- Experience: Minimum of three years of experience in college admissions and recruitment.
- Language Skills: Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
- Computer Skills: Word, Google Docs, Excel, PowerPoint, CRM (Liaison preferred), Asana and Slack
- Other Skills and Abilities: Strong communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills (verbal and written)
- Flexibility/Grace Under Fire: Responds well to pressure. Can defuse difficult situations through grace and positivity. Calming influence who is able to resolve problems quickly.
- Multi-Tasker: Is highly organized and able to work independently. Able to juggle many projects at once; able to keep track of numerous prospective students. Keeps good records, utilizes the CRM and other software or data bases as needed. Able to delegate appropriately to student employees and Admissions Counselors.
- Relational: Winsome personality. Comfortable in one-on-one settings, in front of groups, on the phone, or communicating by e-mail. Has the ability to influence others, encouraging them to take action. Demonstrates people skills and emotional intelligence.
- Collaborator: Utilizing relator skills (see above), establishes bond with local schools and colleges. Helps build a strong relationship and partnership with our feeder schools.
- Team Player: Demonstrates humility, hunger (drive)and understanding of people. Willing to pitch in and support members of the team who are struggling with workload or other issues. Does his/her fair share of the work. Is loved and respected by teammates.
Upon selection of qualified applicant
PACIFIC UNION COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.