Department Chair- Associate or Full Professor of Nursing
Applications are available in the Human Resources Office or available online.
- Applications from current employees are welcome.
- Applicants must be members of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
- Email (email@example.com), fax (707-965-6400), or mail (Human Resources Office, One Angwin Avenue, Angwin, CA 94508), your signed application to Human Resources
- Please contact Human Resources regarding questions about this position.
- Applications from qualified applicants are forwarded to the employing department by Human Resources
- Applicants selected for interviews will be contacted by Human Resources or the employing department
Administrative Faculty Job Opening
Nursing and Health Sciences Department
Upon receipt of qualified candidate
Salary; Commensurate upon degree and experience (plus denominational benefits depending upon qualifications and experience)
In order to comply with requirements of the Nursing Program approval agency (CA Board of Registered Nursing) and the Nursing Program accreditation agency (Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing), the Department Chair is a Registered Nurse who, by nature of advanced educational preparation and expertise in nursing education administration, assumes responsibility for directing and supervising the overall nursing education, health sciences, and emergency services programs and related activities of the Department of Nursing and Health Sciences. Through teaching, consultation, and research, he/she assists other nursing faculty members to achieve full individual potential through collaborative planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of the nursing education program.
Essential Duties (see job description for additional information):
- Collaborate with the department faculty to direct AS, LVN-RN, BSN, health science, and emergency services programs.
- Maintain open communication with college administration, academic, and student services departments.
- Represent programs within college governance structures as well as to local, regional, state, and national organizations.
- Represent programs to and collaborate with clinical partners and institutions.
- Oversee program budget and expenditure in cooperation with college budget officer(s).
- Ensure that all campus sites are represented, supported, and needs considered in program decisions
- Support program directors in program planning, student orientation, problem solving, and addressing student issues.
- Support students by creating an environment where students can thrive academically and personally
Faculty Direction and Support:
- Work with HR on recruitment, and coordinate interview, hiring, and orientation of new faculty members, both full-time and adjuncts.
- Determine faculty teaching assignments, attending to BRN requirements, equity in faculty load, attention to faculty strengths.
- Support faculty professional development
- Review with faculty their student and classroom evaluations, goals and plans for growth and development, and processes of student evaluation and grading
- Provide leadership in accessing and incorporating evidence based practice for nursing education
- Hire, supervise, and evaluate departmental staff and student workers
- Meet with faculty and students to assess curricular strengths and areas for development
- Provide leadership in curriculum development, revision, and ongoing outcomes assessment
- Lead in dissemination of outcomes data and implementation of actions to address areas of identified need
- Facilitate the process of approvals for curriculum change through college, state, and national organizations as indicated.
- Participate in decisions regarding student admission and progression
- Serve as the coordinator of all state approval and regional accreditation activities
- Participate in meetings and activities to remain current in applicable laws, regulatory guidelines, standards, and criteria
- Oversee activities to monitor program status and keep the program in good standing with approval and accreditation agencies.
- Facilitate program participation in college assessment activities and initiatives
- Doctorate in Nursing or related area from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum rank of Associate Professor.
- Minimum one year in the role of Board of Registered Nurses approved Assistant Director.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a management or administrative position in a professional program in nursing education or a related field.
- Minimum of three academic years’ experience in professional nursing education within the last ten years.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in clinical practice as a Registered Nurse.
Upon receipt of qualified candidate
PACIFIC UNION COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.