Chief Fleet Mechanic
Applications are available in the Human Resources Office or available online.
- Applications from current employees are welcome.
- Applicants must be members of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
- Email (email@example.com), fax (707-965-6400), or mail (Human Resources Office, One Angwin Avenue, Angwin, CA 94508), your signed application to Human Resources
- Please contact Human Resources regarding questions about this position.
- Applications from qualified applicants are forwarded to the employing department by Human Resources
- Applicants selected for interviews will be contacted by Human Resources or the employing department
Staff Job Opening
Applications will be received until a suitable applicant is chosen
Hourly; Wage rate based upon degree and experience (plus denominational benefits)
Reporting to the Director of Facilities Management this position evaluates the working condition of vehicles and equipment, identifies mechanical problems, reports equipment status and condition and makes adjustments and repairs as needed This position accurately and completely enters data in logs and records, both manually and by computer in a timely manner. Also responsible for rebuilding engines and all components, and accurately calibrates and adjusts equipment and mechanical devices to maintain college vehicles in a good and safe working order. The candidate must have the experience and ability to operate heavy, motorized equipment used in moving and digging operations, including, but not limited to, dozers, loaders, backhoe, crane, excavator, etc. and other equipment to support a variety of operations at Pacific Union College.
- High School Diploma required
- Prefer Minimum of four year’s experience
- Experience in repairing and operating all types of machinery
- Prefer ASE 1-9 and bus certifications (H Series) (S-Series) (L2)
- Prefer Class A License.
- Must me able to obtain a commercial bus license within 6 months of employment
- Must be able to speak English clearly on the radio, telephone and in person with customers.
- Basic computer skills
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs
Upon receipt of qualified applicant
PACIFIC UNION COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.