Assistant Registrar & Graduation Analyst / Veterans SCO
Applications are available in the Human Resources Office or available online.
- Applications from current employees are welcome.
- Applicants must be members of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
- Email (firstname.lastname@example.org), fax (707-965-6400), or mail (Human Resources Office, One Angwin Avenue, Angwin, CA 94508), your signed application to Human Resources
- Please contact Human Resources regarding questions about this position.
- Applications from qualified applicants are forwarded to the employing department by Human Resources
- Applicants selected for interviews will be contacted by Human Resources or the employing department
Upon receipt of qualified applicant
Staff Job Opening
- Provides accurate information and friendly assistance to all inquirers.
- Serves as a backup service provider for the Records Office front counter during regular office hours.
- Contributes to the maintenance of complete and accurate academic records for students.
- Updates graduation requirements for publications on the website.
- Maintains the records of Veteran Affairs programs.
- Assists with training and supervising student employees as needed.
- Assists the Registrar with additional tasks as requested (registration, grades, filing, production of the class schedule, special projects, etc.)
Graduation Applications & Degree Candidates
- Manages the Graduation Application process and meets personally with each graduation applicant to review their application and provide a contract.
- Interprets program evaluations and explains academic policies to students and advisors upon request.
- Tracks the program evaluation requirements for degree candidates throughout their final year; notifies any candidate with apparent problems regarding graduation requirements and works with the student to explore options for resolution.
- Advises students regarding appropriate course selection at other institutions for transfer to PUC to meet graduation requirements.
- Complete a degree review and post for each quarter.
- Evaluates and attends Student Class Officer elections.
- Explains the academic appeal process to students as needed.
- Makes manual adjustments to the program evaluation for approved exceptions.
- Assesses student eligibility for honor statuses based on GPA information.
- Produces and distributes the list of approved degree candidates to the PUC website.
Commencement and Degree Conferral
- Manage ordering process for caps, gowns, and honors cords.
- Works with Public Relations to order and maintain stock of Diploma covers, and mailers.
- Prepares and distributes appropriate documents related to graduation (including name lists for the graduation program, seating charts and marching order for the graduates, and diploma reading list and statistical information for the Academic Dean).
- Supervises the student marching order at commencement to make sure that students file across the stage in the correct sequence.
- Verifies the completion of degree requirements for candidates.
- Posts degrees on transcripts.
- Submits diploma information to Parchment for issuance to graduates.
- Prepares summary sheets of lacking requirements for students who marched in graduation but did not complete graduation requirements and sends notifications to students.
Veterans School Certifying Official
- Confirms student registration to the Student Finance Department for the purpose of veteran benefits certification.
- Maintains accurate and complete files for all veteran students.
- Including financial and academic records
- Annually reviews the PUC catalog for VA program renewal.
- Annually reviews PUC’s Yellow Ribbon Program
- Prepares 85/15 reports.
- Regularly meets with students to explain benefits and assist with academic program planning.
- Attends monthly VA training.
- Assists with training VA work-study students.
- Updates and maintains all PUC VA-related information (website/print)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Hourly; $22.22 - $25.80 per hour (plus denominational benefits, depending upon qualifications and experience).
Upon receipt of qualified applicant
PACIFIC UNION COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.