Assistant or Associate or Full Professor of Mathematics - Data Science
Applications are available in the Human Resources Office or available online.
- Applications from current employees are welcome.
- Applicants must be members of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
- Email (firstname.lastname@example.org), fax (707-965-6400), or mail (Human Resources Office, One Angwin Avenue, Angwin, CA 94508), your signed application to Human Resources
- Please contact Human Resources regarding questions about this position.
- Applications from qualified applicants are forwarded to the employing department by Human Resources
- Applicants selected for interviews will be contacted by Human Resources or the employing department
Faculty Job Opening
Departments of Mathematics and Physics
Upon receipt of qualified candidate
Salary; Commensurate with experience (plus denominational benefits, depending upon qualifications and experience)
Reporting to the Academic Dean and Chair of the Departments of Mathematics and Physics, duties include: participating in the launching of a new data science major, teaching a variety of undergraduate courses for majors and non-majors, and assessing student learning outcomes. The specific course load will depend on the qualifications and interests of the newly hired faculty and the current needs of the Department. In addition to an emphasis on teaching, Pacific Union College places strong emphasis on student interaction and community involvement. Faculty are expected to participate in advising department majors, attend department functions, and contribute to the College governance system, and are expected to become positively involved in the College and local communities.
- Earned doctorate degree from an accredited universityin Data Science or Computer Science preferred (an MBA with other significant professional experience will also be considered)
- Teaching experience is preferred, including online teaching.
- Preference will be given to individuals with a strong computing background and experience in the analysis of big data as well as a solid understanding of management information systems concepts.
- In addition to the stated educational requirements, the Department seeks faculty with a demonstrated ability to interact positively with students and colleagues in furtherance of the College’s mission.
Upon receipt of qualified application
PACIFIC UNION COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.