RN to BSN - Hybrid Education
The Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing (BSN) is the second step in a two-step path to completing a baccalaureate degree. The hybrid RN-BSN program is designed to seamlessly complement the continued education of Associate Degree graduates who wish to continue their baccalaureate education. The BSN program is founded on principles of adult learning, designed in a non-traditional format. BSN major courses are offered in a core week format on the Angwin campus. The courses are designed to enhance your development in nursing practice and the nursing process, communication and collaboration, leadership, professional integration, and research/evaluation. You can complete the major courses in 3 quarters (1 academic year), if taken full-time.
The California Board of Registered Nursing approved the BSN hybrid program and is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, INC. (ACEN). PUC is accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WASC).
Courses & Admission Requirements
- Must have an AS degree in Nursing.
- If you are missing any GE credits, these can be made up online from PUC for a reduced cost.
- Students who have completed all required prerequisite courses upon entry can complete a BS in Nursing in just 3-5 quarters. These courses may be transferred if the student has previously taken the course (per college transfer policy).
- 11-week Quarters are made for your busy professional schedule.
- Students can join a cohort in Fall, Winter, or Spring.
- Students may start classes before they take NCLEX. They must complete the NCLEX before beginning practicums.
- 3 hours per week on average will be spent in asynchronous classwork.
- Students eligible for the Sigma Theta Tau Nurse Manager Certificate upon program completion
- You’ll benefit from partnerships with local hospitals and with Adventist Health
- Dedicated faculty
- IT support
- PUC library
- Career center
- Student success strategies
- Academic advisors
- Financial aid advisor
Why choose PUC hybrid program?
- Continue your education with PUC, a familiar, diverse, and inclusive learning environment.
- A blended format (in-class and online coursework experience) provides flexibility and accessibility for working professionals.
- Week 1: Orientation and instruction on campus.
- Week 6: A core week of face-to-face instruction on campus.
- Optional Certificate in Public health nursing built into the curriculum
- Tuition is $31,101. A typical student in this program receives approximately 50% in institutional and government financial aid, making the cost comparable to the online option.
- Proven career, salary, and position advancement for graduates of PUC's nursing programs
To learn more, contact Hannah Saravanakumar at firstname.lastname@example.org
The students who complete the RN-BS program will be eligible to obtain their Public Health certification. This certificate allows you to:
- Evaluate and improve the health of a variety of populations
- Navigate multiple levels of community resources
- Understand changes to the healthcare system and new requirements for accountability
- Prepare for graduate study or research in public health and related field
|Find out how to get to PUC without getting lost in the beautiful Napa Valley.|
|Use the campus map to find buildings on campus, names, and locations.|
|Health Clearance Requirements for all Nursing Students.|