Information Technology

PUC eBilling: Frequently Asked Questions

How do I set up my account so my parent or sponsor has access and can pay my bill?

Log in to WebAdvisor and click the link for “Parent/Sponsor e-Billing Web Access” in the WebAdvisor for Current Students menu. You will see a list of your parents and financial sponsors. To grant access to an individual on this list, enter and then re-enter their e-mail address into the two blank spaces to the right of the individual’s name and address. You may grant access to as many or as few people on this list as you like. Once you have entered the e-mail addresses, click the “Submit” button at the bottom of the page—this will confirm the individual’s access to your account. It will also send e-mails containing login information to the e-mail addresses you entered.

If the list of parents and financial sponsors is blank, contact Enrollment Services at (800) 862-7080 to add a parent or financial sponsor.

If at any time you want to revoke an individual’s access to your account, return to the Parent/Sponsor e-Billing Web Access page, delete their e-mail address from the list, and click “Submit.”

I’m a parent or financial sponsor of a PUC student—how do I pay online?

To pay on your student’s account online, you must have access granted by the student. Once he or she does this, you will receive an e-mail with the login information you need to access your student’s account: his or her PUC ID number, your PUC ID number, and the e-mail address where you will receive notices about the financial account.

Once your student grants you access and you have your login information, go to and click the link for “Parent-Sponsor e-Billing.” Select “Online Payments.” Enter your student’s PUC ID, your PUC ID and your e-mail address and click “Submit.” This will take you to the page containing your student’s online statements.

The student’s last six monthly statements will be displayed. To view a statement, click on the date. To make a payment on the current balance, click the checkbox next to the “Make a payment” option at the bottom of the page and then click “Submit.” This will take you to the Pay Verification & Amount page.

In the first blank field of this page, enter the amount you wish to pay including dollars and cents. Then select the payment type from the drop-down list below. To complete the transaction, click “Submit” or to cancel the transaction click “Cancel.”

I’m a student—how do I find my login information?

Your login ID is the same as your WebAdvisor ID and your PUC student e-mail before the @ sign. Your default password is the last four digits of your social security number, first name initial, last name initial, and your four-digit birth year (for example, John Doe was born in 1988. His password is 1234jd1988). To access your account, your parent or financial sponsor will also need to know your PUC student ID number, which is on your student ID.

I’m a parent or financial sponsor—how do I find my login ID number?

To log in to your student’s account, you will need both your student’s PUC ID number and your PUC ID number. When your student granted you access to his or her account, you should have received an e-mail from with this information. If you do not have this e-mail, check the junk mail folder in your e-mail account, as some e-mail programs may mistake this for business spam. If you still can’t find the e-mail with your login information or if you’ve accidentally deleted it, ask your student to log in to WebAdvisor and cancel and then re-grant your access—this will generate a new e-mail from with your login information.

How do I know my parent or sponsor is set up to access my account?

Log in to WebAdvisor and click on the link for “Parent/Sponsor e-Billing Web Access” link on the student menu. You will see a list of all your parents and financial sponsors. If an individual on that list has an e-mail address entered next to their name and address, they currently have access to your financial account.

I’m a parent or financial sponsor, and the login information I’ve been using all along is no longer working. What’s wrong?

If you’re sure the login information you’re using is correct, most likely your student has revoked your access to his or her account. According the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. § 1232g; 34 CFR Part 99), college students have the right to decide who can access their education records, including financial information. If you have previously had access to your student’s account, contact your student to discuss your access privileges.

How can I be notified of statements and changes to my account by e-mail instead of regular mail?

Once you are logged in to your student’s Online Statements page, check the box near the bottom that says “Enable e-notification.” Please note: this option will discontinue your monthly paper statements by mail. To stop e-notification and resume paper statements, log back into this page and uncheck this checkbox.

Why is my payment due more than I expected based on my established payment plan?

The payment plan you established with the student finance office only included your standard tuition and any financial aid you were awarded as of the last time you met with your finance counselor. Additional charges or awards since the time you set up your payment plan will change your account balance and therefore affect your next payment.

Many of these changes to your account are explained on your online statement. For more information on these changes, see the FAQ section on miscellaneous charges below.

What are these “miscellaneous charges” on my account balance?

Miscellaneous charges reflect activity on your account other than your usual tuition charges and payments. Things like library fines, adjustments from the student finance office, and charges on your cafeteria card above and beyond your pre-paid meal plan will show up on your statement as miscellaneous charges.

To see detailed explanations of miscellaneous charges on your statement, click on the “Student Statement YTD Detail” link. This will show a brief description of the reason for the charge and the date each activity took place. If you need more detailed information, contact Student Financial Services at (707) 965-7200.

How can I check my up-to-the-minute account balance?

Your account balance may be different than the amount shown on your latest statement—you may even have a credit on your account while your latest statement shows an amount owed. Changes to your account, such as payments or miscellaneous charges, will appear on your account balance the moment they are processed. To see these up-to-the-minute changes, back out of the Online Statements page and click the “Pay on My Account” link in the WebAdvisor menu. Click on the date next to “Recent Activity” to see the most recent changes to your account balance.