In 1908, Pacific Union College in Healdsburg closed, and in 1909 it opened again in Angwin, where the 1,636 acres of the Angwin Resort had been purchased for $60,000. There was no electricity for the first few years, and the only warm place on really cold days was the hotel dining room with its big wood heater. New buildings began to go up, including Graf Hall and Irwin Hall. The college started industries such as a dairy, a prune orchard, a chicken farm, and a bindery.
Copyright © 1996-2015 Pacific Union College | All Rights Reserved.