Prepare for Screening
Please follow the steps below. Screenings are held at the Wellness Office in West Hall Annex, Room 205.
Complete the online "Personal Wellness Profile” Assessment (start at wellness.puc.edu):
- Prior to your appt. (no more than 7 days prior) OR
- During your appt. (please add an additional 15 minutes to the usual 45 minute appt. time).
- Under “My Health Tools,” click “Personal Wellness Profile” to “Start a New Assessment.” Save your assessment at the save prompt.
- During your screening appointment, your biometrics (lab) values and fitness test results will be entered into your online assessment. At that time, a printed summary report and a comprehensive online report will be available to you to review and set your personal program goals.
Please fast for 12 hours prior to your appointment (but drink water as usual) and avoid vigorous exercise in the 2 hours prior to your appt. We will check the clinical values listed below. If you choose to retrieve any of these values from your primary care physician to be used in lieu of in-office testing, please make sure they were taken within the 4 months prior to your wellness appointment. Please bring a copy of the results with you to your screening appointment or have them faxed directly to the Wellness Office at 965-6240 before our appointment.
- Height & Weight
- % Body Fat (please do not eat or exercise vigorously 12 hours prior to test)
- Resting Blood Pressure (Sitting) and Resting Pulse
- Waist Girth (around belly button)
- Fasting (12 hours) Lab Work:
- Total Cholesterol
- TC/HDL Ratio
- Glucose (A1C if warranted)
- Hemoglobin (non-fasting)
PSA testing and hs-CRP can be completed through your primary care physician and are recommended for those over 50 or who have risk factors indicating a need for these tests.
Wear loose fitting clothing and comfortable shoes. Most employees are able to complete this set of exercises in comfortable work attire but workout clothes and shoes are appropriate, as well. Unless exempt, there will be a step test, grip strength, curl ups (scrunches), push ups, and flexibility test.