Student Life Goals
Exude Pride in PUC
- Be proud to be at PUC.
- Create a positive climate on campus
- Speak positively about ourselves (negative self-talk impacts morale)
- Find positive ways to resolve our issues
- Make PUC feel like home away from home
- Take ownership in our college
- We belong here, we are committed to being here
- Let others know how important they are to PUC
- Believe. We can and do make a difference!
Bridge Socially and Spiritually
- Social Gospel focus in spiritual programming
- More social consciousness activities, benefit concerts
- Spiritual activities during the weekdays, not just Sabbath
- Service Activities
- Promote the campus ministries that are social outreach in nature (ie.: Homeless Ministries, KidzReach, World Missions package nights, YWAM).
- Challenge each campus club to do a service activity sometime during the year
- Create bridges for the introverted and the unconnected
Serve Locally and Globally
- Serve on site, participate in random acts of kindness daily
- Be the Secret Service
- God Squad groups in Fusion
- Service day with all NAD colleges and universities
- What kind or helpful thing can I do for someone today?
Learn Outside the Classroom
- Learning permeates our campus
- Learning occurs in the residence halls, civility, community, interpersonal relations, cooperation
- Learning occurs via social programming, group dynamics, psychology, personal discovery, challenges of fitness, endurance, intelligence, and creativity
- Learning occurs in spiritual programming, appreciation, epiphany, tolerance, wonder, commitment
- Learning opportunities and challenges for personal spiritual growth are obvious and available
You'll Never Walk Alone
- Every new student will make at least 10 new friends and one student mentor at the Fusion Retreat
- Every student will get involved in helping and serving this year
- Every student will get to know at least one faculty, staff, or administrator well enough to write a letter of recommendation
- Every student will be invited to join (based on Spiritual Gifts Inventory) at least one ministry or start their own ministry or club on campus
- Every student will have numerous opportunities to grow and share spiritually
- Walk the talk–every day!
Copyright © 1996-2017 Pacific Union College | All Rights Reserved.