Contact Us
Heath Services 3
Health Services

What if I get sick at PUC?

Q: I am a freshman this year. I have never lived in a dorm. Should I bring medications and if so what do I need?

A: See Health Answers for more information.

Q: If I cannot make it to class because I am sick what should I do?

A: If you have an illness lasting one or two days it is your responsibility to notify your instructors. Any illness extending to three or more days should be assessed by Health Services for appropriate treatment.

Q: What if I get sick and the office is closed?

A: Call (707) 965-6339 and follow prompts.

Q: What if I cannot wait 30 minutes?

A: If your condition is life-threatening (as in one of the following) you can access an ambulance. If you have:

  • Loss of consciousness (not fainting)
  • Uncontrolled bleeding
  • Unresponsiveness
  • Difficulty breathing
  • Disorientation

Q: How do I call an ambulance from campus?

A: To call from an on-campus phone, dial extension 7111. If you are calling from an off-campus phone, dial 911. If you are using a cell phone in Napa County, call (707) 253-0911

Q: What if I go to the hospital for treatment?

A: Any services provided outside of the college health clinic will become the financial responsibility of the individual.