School Address for Incoming Mail & Packages
Room # (for dorms only)
Dorm / Department
Pacific Union College
One Angwin Ave
Angwin CA 94508
- Mail that is not addressed in this way may be sent back by the Post Office.
- We do not forward any mail or packages at the mailroom.
- The dorms and departments forward all mail.
- FedEx and UPS do not forward packages.
Distribution of Incoming Mail
- Incoming U.S. mail usually arrives at 9:30 a.m. and first class mail is sorted by 11:00 a.m. Inter-campus mail is treated as first class mail and sorted as it comes in.
- A daily pickup and delivery service for PUC departments handling both U.S. mail and inter-campus mail leaves the office at 10:00 a.m. Monday –Thursday, and 10:30 a.m. Friday.
- Mail is delivered back to the Mailroom, metered with postage, and then sorted. Items of value are sent at one's own risk through intercampus mail.
- Large mailings and packages will NOT be picked up on the mail runs. Please call for pickup.
- Mail boxes are available for departments or staff who would rather pick up their own mail or do not have an office open to make pick ups and deliveries possible.
- All fliers, advertisements, memos, etc. should be college-oriented. No personal fliers will be distributed.
- Handouts for the morning mail run need to be in the Mailroom by 8:30 a.m. and for the afternoon mail run by 11:30 a.m.
Processing Outgoing Mail
- Please separate inter-office mail and pre-stamped mail from mail needing postage/metering. Men's and women's residence hall mail should be bundled separately by each residence hall before being sent to the Mailroom. (Large mailings that are not sorted will be charged a sorting fee.)
- Flaps on envelopes must be left up or sealed to go through the mail machine. Overstuffed business envelopes and manila envelopes do not seal well in the machine. If we have to seal them by hand they will be processed last. Large mailings needing hand sealing will be sent back.
- Make sure that your letters are stuffed below the envelope fold. Large mailings not folded correctly will be sent back.
- All mail that needs postage other than first class, or mail that needs to be charged to an account that is not yours, should have a yellow request form filled out completely by the department. All mail that does not have the department name in the return address needs a yellow slip. If the yellow request form is not completed or has not been categorized, mail will not be sent. Use one request form, mark all categories needed, and securely band all mail with the request slip on top.
Note: A request form is not needed for small mailings with the department's name on it that are going out first class/air mail. All other services require a slip.
- Outgoing mail must be in the office by 2:00 p.m. Monday-Thursday and 12:00 p.m. on Friday. Mail leaves our office, to be taken to the Angwin post office, at 3:00 p.m. Monday –Thursday. Friday mail leaves the office at 12:50 p.m.
- All mail that needs postage must be sorted with U.S. mail (including Guam and Puerto Rico) separate. Any large mailings that are not sorted will be charged a fee and will be put to the end of the line for processing.