The Pacific Union College Department of Music provides opportunities to understand, appreciate and perform great music. Our goal is to provide students with learning opportunities in theory, music history, ensembles, music education and performance. We train students to be performers, teachers, scholars and creators. We also encourage the development of an aesthetic, analytical and historical understanding of and appreciation for great music.
In addition, the department emphasizes social development through sharing of musical experiences in both performing and listening opportunities. We prepare the student for further study in graduate and professional school. Our students are involved in performances in church and worship services, teaching music lessons using techniques learned in pedagogy classes, participation in local, state and national musical contests, tours to such places as New York, Hawaii, Singapore, Scandinavia, Russia, and Australia, summer workshops, and the use of midi electronic instruments.
- National statistics show that 66 percent of music students applying to medical schools are accepted, while only 44 percent of bio-chem majors who apply receive acceptance letters.
- The music department is a fully accredited member of the National Association of Schools of Music, and a member of Pi Kappa Lambda, the national honor society in music, through its Theta Zeta chapter.
- The mission of the music department is to prepare professional musicians and to educate students in developing enduring principles of beauty and truth in music.
Pacific Union College
One Angwin Avenue
Angwin, CA 94508
Phone: (707) 965-6201
Fax: (707) 965-6738
Contact Department »
Monday & Wednesday 10 12, 1-5 pm
Tuesday & Thursday 1-5 pm
Friday 10-1 pm
- Asher Raboy Named PUC 2013-2014 Educator of the Year
Asher Raboy, M.F.A., artist in residence, was named the Pacific
Union College 2013-2014 Educator of the Year at a special colloquy program on
March 14. The title is awarded entirely by student votes. This is Raboy’s first
time receiving the award.
- Burgess Plays Guitar with Brazilian Flair at PUC
David Burgess, a critically acclaimed Latin guitarist, performed Sunday,
February 19, as part of Pacific Union College’s Fine Arts Series.
- PUC Fine Arts Series Features Pianist John Covelli Internationally acclaimed pianist John Covelli will perform a free concert at Pacific Union College on Saturday, October 30, at 7 p.m. in the Paulin Hall Auditorium as a featured musician in the college’s Fine Arts Series.
- Students Meet Renowned Pianist On April 11 after a Napa
Valley Symphony concert at Lincoln Theater in Yountville, Pacific Union College
music students joined their professor Asher Raboy on the stage to meet pianist
- Big Names in Theatre Rehearse and Workshop at PUC For the small theatre company at Pacific Union College, January brought a memorable week inspired by the expertise and creativity of three theatre professionals.