The Pacific Union College Department of Music provides opportunities to understand, appreciate and perform great music. Our goal is to provide students with learning opportunities in theory, music history, ensembles, music education and performance. We train students to be performers, teachers, scholars and creators. We also encourage the development of an aesthetic, analytical and historical understanding of and appreciation for great music.
In addition, the department emphasizes social development through sharing of musical experiences in both performing and listening opportunities. We prepare the student for further study in graduate and professional school. Our students are involved in performances in church and worship services, teaching music lessons using techniques learned in pedagogy classes, participation in local, state and national musical contests, tours to such places as New York, Hawaii, Singapore, Scandinavia, Russia, and Australia, summer workshops, and the use of midi electronic instruments.
The department of music offers significant scholarships to talented student musicians who participate in college ensembles and/or major in music. Learn more on the Music Scholarships page.
- National statistics show that 66 percent of music students applying to medical schools are accepted, while only 44 percent of bio-chem majors who apply receive acceptance letters.
- The music department is a fully accredited member of the National Association of Schools of Music, and a member of Pi Kappa Lambda, the national honor society in music, through its Theta Zeta chapter.
- The mission of the music department is to prepare professional musicians and to educate students in developing enduring principles of beauty and truth in music.
Pacific Union College
One Angwin Avenue
Angwin, CA 94508
Phone: (707) 965-6201
Fax: (707) 965-6738
Contact Department »
Monday & Wednesday 10 12, 1-5 pm
Tuesday & Thursday 1-5 pm
Friday 10-1 pm
- Take 6 to Perform at Pacific Union College
Grammy award-winning a capella group, Take 6, will
perform in concert at Pacific Union College on Sunday, February 15.
- Orchestra Institute Napa Valley Fellowship Program Partners with PUC Pacific Union College is collaborating with the Napa Valley Performing Arts Center (NVPAC) at Lincoln Theater in the inaugural year of the Orchestra Institute of Napa Valley Fellowship Program. This new partnership is helping PUC’s young musicians hone their talents while allowing graduate artists to pursue valuable teaching and performing experience.
- Asher Raboy Named PUC 2013-2014 Educator of the Year
Asher Raboy, M.F.A., artist in residence, was named the Pacific
Union College 2013-2014 Educator of the Year at a special colloquy program on
March 14. The title is awarded entirely by student votes. This is Raboy’s first
time receiving the award.
- Burgess Plays Guitar with Brazilian Flair at PUC
David Burgess, a critically acclaimed Latin guitarist, performed Sunday,
February 19, as part of Pacific Union College’s Fine Arts Series.
- PUC Fine Arts Series Features Pianist John Covelli Internationally acclaimed pianist John Covelli will perform a free concert at Pacific Union College on Saturday, October 30, at 7 p.m. in the Paulin Hall Auditorium as a featured musician in the college’s Fine Arts Series.