The Pacific Union College Department of Communication offers instruction in a variety of communication skills and principles that apply to mass media, public speaking, small group and interpersonal settings. The department provides curricula leading to communication-related careers such as public relations, journalism, international communication and speech pathology. The curriculum in communication is also of value to those preparing for careers in business, law, medicine, pastoral or evangelistic ministry, broadcasting, and many others.
- Nearly 100 percent of PUC's communication majors who have applied to law schools have been accepted.
- For the past seven years, PUC communication students have won top honors in national speech competitions.
- The B.A. in International Communication includes a year of study abroad.
- Communication is one of the top five departments at PUC in terms of the number of yearly graduates.
- Senior Seminar course prepares students for the job market by walking them through the process of building a resume and professional portfolio and preparation for professional interviews.
- Communication majors can gain entrance into a variety of graduate programs, including law, medicine, P.R., M.B.A., and others.
- An internship is required as part of the coursework to provide real-world experience.
Pacific Union College
One Angwin Avenue
Angwin, CA 94508
Phone: (707) 965-6437
Fax: (707) 965-6624
Contact Department »