The Department of Business Administration and Economics offers several programs to satisfy the differing needs and desires of students majoring in business. Students prepare to meet the demands of graduate school and the business and economic challenges facing them upon the completion of their college program. To help achieve this, the department teaches students how to work with people and solve problems, while giving practical training that will prepare them for a wide variety of careers.
- The Business Department consistently graduates the largest number of students with Bachelor’s Degrees.
- The Business Club is one of the largest and most active clubs on campus
- The Enactus Club engages in social entrepreneurship, utilizing entrepreneurship skills developed in business classes in service learning projects
- The Business Department gives out over $10,000 in business student scholarships every year
- The curriculum for all business degrees has recently been updated and revised and internships are now required for all degrees. An internship coordinator will assist students seeking internships.
- The Business Department actively engages its students with the business community. Local businesses have recently implemented a number of suggestions from student service learning projects.
Business Administration & Economics
Pacific Union College
One Angwin Avenue
Angwin, CA 94508
Phone: (707) 965-6238
Fax: (707) 965-6237
Contact Department »
- Pre-Law Forum Hosts Candidates for Napa County Supervisor
On May 21, the Pacific Union College’s Pre-Law Forum invited
the two candidates running for Napa County District Three Supervisor at to
speak on campus. Pacific Union College’s Angwin campus is located within
District Three, and students, faculty, and community members gathered twice
during the day to learn more about the two candidates and their unique visions
for Napa County.
- Business Professor John Nunes Named Educator of the Year John Nunes, Ph.D., associate professor of business administration, was named the Pacific Union College 2014 Educator of the Year at a special Colloquy program dedicated to honoring the college’s excellent faculty and highlighting the important work happening each day as teachers and students interact in the classroom.
- Free Tax Preparation Program Provides Refunds and Learning Opportunities
Beginning in mid-February, students in Pacific Union College’s Individual
Taxation class participated in the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA)
program at the Up Valley Family Center in St Helena, Calif.
- New Healthcare Administration Seminar Course Brings Professionals to Campus
PUC’s department of business administration and economics has debuted a new
Topics in Healthcare Administration course for Winter Quarter 2014 that brings
health care professionals to speak to students about current issues in their
areas of expertise.
- Department of Business Receives IACBE Re-Accreditation Pacific Union College business and economics students returned in September to find their department newly recognized as a dedicated provider of scholastic excellence.