The Department of Business Administration and Economics offers several programs to satisfy the differing needs and desires of students majoring in business. Students prepare to meet the demands of graduate school and the business and economic challenges facing them upon the completion of their college program. To help achieve this, the department teaches students how to work with people and solve problems, while giving practical training that will prepare them for a wide variety of careers.
- The Business Department consistently graduates the largest number of students with Bachelor’s Degrees.
- The Business Club is one of the largest and most active clubs on campus
- The Enactus Club engages in social entrepreneurship, utilizing entrepreneurship skills developed in business classes in service learning projects
- The Business Department gives out over $10,000 in business student scholarships every year
- The curriculum for all business degrees has recently been updated and revised and internships are now required for all degrees. An internship coordinator will assist students seeking internships.
- The Business Department actively engages its students with the business community. Local businesses have recently implemented a number of suggestions from student service learning projects.
Business Administration & Economics
Pacific Union College
One Angwin Avenue
Angwin, CA 94508
Phone: (707) 965-6238
Fax: (707) 965-6237
Contact Department »
- PUC Adds Two New Health-related Business Degrees
Pacific Union College has a rich history of equipping
students with a passion for health ministry and leading lives of productive
service in the industry. With employment of medical and health services
managers to grow by 23% by the year 2022, PUC’s department of business expands
its educational offerings to meet this demand.
- PUC Student Accepted into Leadership Development Program
Christopher Lawrence, a junior accounting major, was among
33 college students and recent graduates accepted into the 2015 Leadership
Development program at Adventist Health Systems.
- Service with Great Returns: Students Assist with Tax Preparation
During the 2015 tax season, students in PUC’s
Individual Taxation class put their knowledge to practical use on a community
service project. 22 PUC students went to the Up Valley Family Center in St.
Helena to help people earning less than $53,000 prepare their tax returns.
- Pre-Law Forum Hosts Candidates for Napa County Supervisor
On May 21, the Pacific Union College’s Pre-Law Forum invited
the two candidates running for Napa County District Three Supervisor at to
speak on campus. Pacific Union College’s Angwin campus is located within
District Three, and students, faculty, and community members gathered twice
during the day to learn more about the two candidates and their unique visions
for Napa County.
- Business Professor John Nunes Named Educator of the Year John Nunes, Ph.D., associate professor of business administration, was named the Pacific Union College 2014 Educator of the Year at a special Colloquy program dedicated to honoring the college’s excellent faculty and highlighting the important work happening each day as teachers and students interact in the classroom.